Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Final Project: Local Old Boston State House


For tis assignment, I had to create my own replica of the State House in Boston using Minecraft. I used Minecraft in single player, creative mode so I didn't have to deal with the monsters at night. The dimensions I used are 39 blocks long, 12 blocks wide and 13-16 blocks tall. These are my progress screenshots:

I flattened out a large area of land so I could start building.

I then carefully placed the blocks so it was 39 blocks long x 12 blocks wide.



Then I started to build up. I then built the roof and the windows that jut out of the roof. As well as, the tower type thing location in the middle of the roof.



Then I added the window and the balcony that's located on the front of the building.


This is the view of the back of the building.


Each side view is mirrored, they are identical.


 Here are the photos I used as a reference:





This is me building in Minecraft, emulating The Old State House in Boston, MA. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment