Thursday, May 7, 2015

Final Project: My Boston Tea Party Ship

For this assignment i had to go into Mine Craft and into the Freedom Trail server which we used for class and build a replica of the ships from The Boston Team Party.  I added a top deck and then when you go to the back of the boat, there is a staircase leading to the bottom of the boat, which has your lower deck.  Here are some of the process screenshots i took while making my ship.


I started off by making the base of the boat with an off white kind of block.  I then added the brown cubes and building up on the base.



I then started building up more, and then added windows to the front of the boat.



Down below i added some of the cargo and tea crates on the outside of the ship.


I then proceeded and added flames to the top part of the ship.



This is just a side view of the ship, i added windows towards the bottom of the ship.


 I then added the Sails to the top of the boat making it a little bit more realistic. 



Lastly, i started building the front of the boat and then added some of the fire sticks.



This picture is the last screen shot i took in the lower level of my boat. 



This is a final project using Minecraft to build a replica of the Eleanor ship from the Boston Tea Party. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment