Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gimp Tools


In these pictures i used the rectangle and circle to put over the picture.  This is Part A - Selection Tools.  


On this image i used the drawing item at the top, next to the oval shape.  I made a heart on the picture and then saved it.  This picture is also part of Part A - Selection Tools.


Part B - Strokes:  I used the icon next to the circle, then right clicked on the image i just drew, pressed edit and then pressed stroke selection, and then pressed stoke.  So then i changed the color to red.


Part C - Paste Into:  In this part i chose a picture of my puppy, copied it then went to GIMP, added the circle icon, then right clicked, and pressed paste into.  Then saved as a .png


Part D - Transparency(Opacity):  In this picture i took a photo and made it transparent.  By doing this i had one picture open, and then paste the other one on top of it.  Then i went over to the side menu and pressed opacity and set it to 57.6, and so here is my image ! Also exported it as a .png, so this picture shows me in the back, and my puppy in the front.





Part E - Text:  In this part i wrote my first, middle and last name in 3 different text boxes.  Changed the color and opacity for each one of them.  Then placed both my first and middle name over my last name.




The last image is my picture saved as a .png



Part F - Scaling:  In this part i uploaded my midterm #8, the image i already had edited in GIMP.  Then went to the top of the screen, clicked image, then pressed scale image.  Adjusted the height and width, so divided those two numbers by 2, and then pressed re-scale.  My image became smaller.

So this was my picture re-scaled to 200 by 348

















No comments:

Post a Comment